Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2011

A Spot Of Bother

Oh dear.  I knew it wouldn't be long before karma got its revenge on me for making Mia write that last embarrassing post.  Serves me right, I suppose, for being such a know-it-all.
It happened on Sunday - it was lovely and sunny, and Mia and I were inspecting the garden, while Rachel was busy filling pots with dirt.  The warmth of the sun on my fur reminded me of something I'd LOVED doing last summer - hanging out on the flat roof.  So up I went, via the garden fence.  You can see all across the neighbourhood from up there, and Mia is too uncoordinated to get up, so I can be Queen of the Castle!

Lila_roof2

I prowled around, investigating the new bits of moss that had appeared, and checking on next-door-but-one's new trampoline and whether there were any new cats or dogs around.

Lila_roof4

After a bit, I was feeling sleepy; a flat roof covered in gravel is no place for a nap, so I decided it was time to go back inside.  This was when I realised my fundamental error.  In my excitement to get UP to the flat roof, I had completely forgotten the correct route for the descent.  I used to get up and down fine last summer... hmm... what about through here?

Lila_roof1

No, far too small.  Um... perhaps back the way I came, via the fence?

Lila_roof3

Nope, I remember now - it's too wobbly and narrow, I can jump off it but not back onto it, unless I want to risk my furry bits.  The last resort was jumping down onto the wheelie bins, but it just looked too far.  So I sat on the roof and tried to look nonchalant, but I was starting to worry... would I ever get back down?  Luckily, at this point Rachel finally stopped fiddling with her pots of dirt and shouted to Pete.  Next thing I knew, my hero appeared to open the window and I nipped back inside as if nothing had happened.  PHEW!

Lila_roof5

So that is this week's big embarrassment, and everyone saw it too, sigh.  I hope that's it for the karma, and I have made a mental note to be nicer to Mia in future.  I'm already planning my next roof ascent, though, I WILL figure this one out.

A closely related aside: Yesterday while trying to hone my climbing skills I may or may not have got 20ft up a very tall, very dense tree and got stuck.  I may or may not have meowed in scared desperation when I heard Rachel and Pete calling my name at 9pm when they got home and realised I was missing, and they may or may not have woken the next door neighbours to borrow a ladder.  Pete may or may not have ruined his best suit trousers climbing up the tree, and Rachel may or may not have shed a couple of tears as she shook the box of Whiskas Temptations and I finally started tentatively climbing down towards Pete's outstretched arms.  There are no photos though, so YOU CAN'T PROVE ANY OF IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment